Friday, April 19, 2013

Stylish Mom

Stylish Mom
 
Last week I put up a birthday post about one of my best friends, and today I want to shout out my other bestie!!!! Happy Birthday Fe!!! I have known her since the 1st grade but I honestly I cant remember not knowing her LOL!!


This outfit above can easily be put together for a chic on the go look. Being a working mom of two boys I have to remember to be trendy but make it easy. This look is comfortable and spring-ish! Each piece is a staple and can be worn with many different looks out of your closet. I am so in love with the spring colors. The floral print pants go great with the lace detailed top. Throw on a chic white blazer, thong sandals, and cute bag.......you just cant go wrong! That cute updo style braid brings this chic modern look together even more!

Here is a little motivation for your Friday..........I know a lot of women especially with children whether you work or not, sometimes feel like they have lost themselves. Recently I have been so wrapped up with my children, my husband, and my full time job that I honestly forget to make time for myself. I enjoy my kids and husband but its always good to have that "me" time. I need to get back to the fashionable me and pick myself up. I want to start setting goals such as going to the  nail salon more, getting a better paying job, exercising, just anything that is going to make me feel good.

Here are a few tips on how to stay a stylish mom:

1. Get a wash & wear hairstyle- Working from home makes it so easy for me to not have to do anything to my hair during the week but that's no excuse. Get a style that doesn't involve much work because you may get so busy with your everyday life your hair will not matter lol. I enjoy styles that I can wash, blow dry, flat iron, and I can still put into cute updos like the one in the pic above.

2. Home Spa Time- Start buying products to do your own manis and pedis. Keep up with the latest nails polish trends.

3. Create a signature look- Of course every woman wants to be able to pull off a bunch of different styles and looks......but sometimes that is not possible. Pick a stable or essential item and stick with it. If you like blazers, rock blazers. If you like skirts, rock skirts. Keep up with the trends.

4. Simplify your makeup bag- I have not actually gotten into makeup like I want. Right now I do wear colored lip gloss and keep my skin moisturized.

5. Be prepared- I am going to start packing a bag and keeping it in my trunk for the boys. It will have diapers for my baby, changes of clothes for both of them, snacks, and other things I may need for them. Being prepared for them keeps me stress free therefore it makes me want to keep myself up....if that makes any sense LOL.

The biggest tip I can give is to accept your life. I am not where I want to be at my age but God makes no mistakes and he has your best interest at heart. So trust whatever you are going through its only a test whether its just busy with the kids, bad job, whatever just know you are not alone. Once you do that you wont have any problem keeping yourself stylish and feeling great!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!








SLY 010 blazer
$580 - zalando.co.uk



VILA flower print pants
$53 - houseoffraser.co.uk





See by Chloé leather duffle bag
$595 - vanmildert.com



Hair styling tool
urbanoutfitters.com



4 comments:

  1. Very cute style ma.. Checkout my fashion blog www.rufflescurlsglamour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much JC! I love your blog & your style : )

      Delete
  2. I would wear this whole outfit minus the purse
    but that because I hate carrying bags lol
    cute look.
    _________________________-
    http://themodestmushroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! Congrats on starting your new blog! I love the name : )

      Delete