Monday, October 21, 2013

On the Rush

 
Once upon a time before I had kids I was 30 mins early for everything. Even if I took my time getting myself together I still managed to always get to my destination early. Then I had my oldest son.......my time then dropped to 15 mins early. Which is good especially for your first child! Right! Then 3 years later my second son comes along now I am always 30 mins late almost everywhere I have to be!! Ugh! Of course for appointments I plan the night before to do everything for that certain day. But what the heck happened!!! I cant seem to get my life on a time schedule after my second kid. Its like he came and turned my life around. Now people know me as the late chick. If they only knew that's definitely not who I am. I have always prided myself on being early. Since my oldest son was born I became a world champion in the fastest shower taker LOL so that definitely helps. I think I have come up on a "Rush Time Method".
 
Here are a few tips that I have found helpful to make a rush day move just a little bit faster. Again these tips work for me and may not work for everyone.

1. Do the things that take the longest first. For me my kids take me the longest to get ready so I make sure that they are done eating and drinking then I put on their clothes and shoes.
2. Occupy your kid(s) with television until you are ready. Television is always a great thing when they are watching the right thing! (That's my motto on kids watching television)
3. Time for you to get yourself ready! Take the fastest shower you can! Like I said I'm a World Champ.
4. Something hanging in your closet is your best option because 9 out of 10 you don't need to iron it.
5. It takes me forever to straighten my hair so updos are my best friend on these days. Don't be afraid it looks messy because its in now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment