Friday, August 15, 2014

Back To School Time



So its finally almost time! I can not believe my oldest son has turned 5 years old and is starting his first day of school on Monday!!!! I get to meet his teacher this afternoon for the parent teacher meetup. I am very excited. I think I have him super excited about this new time in his life too. He has been in Head Start the past few years so he is already aware of a classroom setting. I have also been taking the time out to do things at home that will get him prepared. My son doesn't forget anything SERIOUSLY! LOL so Im hoping he will use that in school as well. Just a few things(not all) I have been doing with him at home are:

1. Working on his handwriting
2. Making sure he can recognize his full name, alphabets, and numbers
3. Reading together
4. Working on his patience and attention
5. Simple addiction 

I recently found a website called Kids Activities Blog. It has been a great resource for me to help him start school and to also get organized. I have the weekend off so I will be focusing on getting ready for Monday so prepare for some awesome DIY projects. Check out the link up top for some of those great ideas. For school supplies, I wanted to wait until I actually talked to the teacher. Sometimes they have their own list of things instead of the general school list for that particular grade. I do have a few things like:

 1. Notebooks
2. Pencils & case
3. Glue
4. Ruler
5. Backpack and lunch bag

I will be buying more after I speak with his teacher today. I will also be doing a little more school clothes shopping this weekend so look forward to a little boys haul! 

What did you get so far? Leave me some comments. If any of my tips and the things I did helped you let me know. 





No comments:

Post a Comment