Sunday, June 29, 2014

Splurge or Save?


I recently saw an article about luxury products, the worth, and is it actually worth the buy. It made me think about a white leather tote bag by Michael Kors that I repinned on Pinterest a few days before. It received over 60 repins and over 40 likes.......that doesn't sound like much to some but that's a plus for a Pinterest beginner like myself. My Pinterest is like my style journal for all the stylish things I love. I do find myself loving a few expensive items but I definitely don't have the budget for them. I often wonder even if I did would I actually buy them or would I go for a cheaper look alike. 9 out of 10 it would be the look alike! 


Splurge or Save?


In my mind who wouldn't want a Chanel, Saint Laurent, Prada, or Gucci bag but that Michael Kors bag can be of the same quality for a better affordable price. Now don't get me wrong if you have that extra money to spend on luxury items, by all means buy it! If you receive them as a gift, by all means receive it and be grateful. But if you are like me and don't have those funds please don't feel pressured to live that life. I know I been in that feeling. Trust me there are so many more awesome bags out there in the world. I'm more of a H&M and Forever 21 buyer when it comes to a lot of my purchases including handbags. I love that I can find great quality bags but for a really cheap price at those stores. 

Here are a few examples of bags below.  If you are on a smaller budget like myself, the bottom row of bags are Michael Kors bags compared to H&M bags. Which one would you buy?



No comments:

Post a Comment